}


August 7, 2013

Review: Panda Portable Small Compact Washing Machine Spin Dryer XPB36 with Pump

This small yet mighty machine is not for the weak! ::FACEPALM:: I must admit I did not expect this to clean  so well. As I also did not expect such a clatter in my hall. If you hate lugging clothes to the laundromat and can take a serious beating then this may be right for you. There is a lot of arm work involved and you may also need to yank out the good 'ol ironing "system" when you are finished. This particular model has a pump saving a lot of time compared to its siblings. However the hoses still need their extra attention. You need to handle the hoses at least 4 to 6 times per a load. 1 hose you use to manually fill the tank for washing then rinsing, the other you use to drain twice. Trust me, it gets heavy and exhausting! There are 3 knobs 1 for wash time 1 for wash or drain setting and 1 for your spin dry. You set it on wash,fill it halfway add your detergent then clothing continue filling then set it to wash for 3-15 minutes.This is the noisy part the timer is an actual wind up timer so you have the buzz from that and the clatter of the stop and go agitation.After this finishes move on to the lovely drain setting and hold the hose over the sink. You need to lift and lower the house frequently until you have fully drained the machine. You then repeat the same steps as washing with out adding the detergent (I add vinegar for softener in this step but its optional) chose the same time setting as you did for the wash and repeat draining steps until done. Now you hand wring the clothing and move over half of the load into the spinner dryer (if you did a full wash if you did half a load move it all over). Now, spin dry 1 to 5 minutes they will be nearly fully dried,dry them on a laundry carousel or line dry or flat dry. With manual drying  expect the need for an iron :D  In my case this extra work is actually convenient. My kids can not handle a laundromat and I can not have a conventional washer and dryer in my apartment so this is the best I can get for a washer/dryer combo. So, how does it measure up? 4.5 out of 5 stars and I highly recommend it for apartment/RV dwellers. Its small compact lightweight and cleans deeper than other full sized washers that I have used. There is no agitator stemming from the center of the bassin either. You can also soak it for as long as you please before switching it on..To be continued...Stay tuned for video review/photos/more details!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...